PURPOSE STATEMENT of Allentown Elementary
The purpose of Allentown Elementary School is to provide each student with a quality education to meet his or her individual needs in partnership with students, families, and community members.
MISSION STATEMENT of Allentown Elementary
The Allentown Elementary School community is dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing environment that promotes lifelong learning and enables students to become productive citizens.
Motto: Creating a brighter tomorrow for children of today!
The original Allentown School was built in 1880. Concerned with the education of the children in the community, Mr. Perry W. Allen and neighbors established the one room schoolhouse. It remained until the early 1900's.
Allentown Elementary opened as a new school in the Semmes community for the 1997-98 school year. A state-of-the-art media center, computer lab, multi-purpose room, and gymnasium are areas of distinction in the school's design. The 70,000 square foot facility has 43 classrooms, providing for a capacity of 700 students.
* All children can learn.
* High expectations lead to high achievement.
* Education is a collaborative responsibility of students, faculty, staff, parents, and community.
* Learning is enhanced by a positive, nurturing, disciplined environment where students respect themselves, others, and the educational process.
* Each student has the potential to be a self-sufficient, lifelong learner with a sense of purpose, responsibility, and appreciation for cultural diversity.
* Each student can master basic skills and apply critical and creative thinking to solve problems.
* Each student is respected for his/her uniqueness and is taught accordingly.
* Each student will demonstrate personal integrity through morally motivated behavior.
* Technology is essential in preparing students for the future.
Get along with others
Attend school regularly
Try our best
Obey school rules